Monday, July 19, 2010

be my ever-bright hope.

opened my moleskine again after 5 months. three words scribbled down...but it's a start.

getting my blood tested for celiac disease (gluten intolerance)...I'm not sure which would be better - discovering the cause of feeling sick, or still being able to eat bread.

cleaned my house tonight, which somehow restores a sense of calm and clarity.

my mind has spent the day dwelling on ideas, visions and thoughts of being a foster mom, adopting, maybe owning a ranch as a safe haven. creating space for hurting children to grow, to be loved...I am coming alive with these ever-deepening dreams. I was made for it. I know I was. I can hardly wait because I know God dreams even bigger than I do. [...and I can feel it coming closer.]

began some new reading of "The Ragamuffin Gospel" by Brennan Manning & "The Return of the Prodigal Son" by Henri Nouwen. So far my favorite quote is this [Nouwen] - "People who have come to know the joy of God do not deny the darkness, but they choose not to live in it. They claim that the light that shines in the darkness can be trusted more than the darkness itself and that a little bit of light can dispel a lot of darkness."

song of the day:

No comments: