Monday, August 9, 2010

dear blog,

Where do I even begin? The last week and a half...felt like a year, or two.

Let me summarize.

Last week I experienced the most intense outdoor training I have ever gone through. Caving. High ropes. Rock climbing. "Urban caving". Snowboarding. Zipline. Compass navigation. - And a two day backpacking trip through the bush, with a night spent sleeping in a cave. Talk about a long week. Fun, in some ways...challenging, in many ways. Especially with the added aspect of working with an instructor who frankly, nearly made me lose all respect for men. Oh boy, did we fight it out.

It's going to take me a long time to process all that I learned. I feel change happening, sort of slowly...and I don't know if I want it. It's scary to me. I don't like leaving things behind. Why do I feel like a little girl playing dress up?

Alright...more to come later...when I have internet again, and I'm home.

Missing. Thinking. Gaining experiences.

No comments: