Tuesday, April 14, 2009

life as a {designer}

Did you know?...

If a designer creates a website and sells the design and the complete (editing) rights of that design the average price of that would be anywhere from $3000-$6000.

When designing a website a designer usually gets paid $40-$60 an hour, print design is around $20-$30 an hour.

A typical calculation for a freelancer with 3-4 years of experience,
working from home is $50,000 {expected annual salary, single employee}.

{...Oh...that's why I'm in college. Right.}

I've practically been throwing money out the window. Crazy. The thought crossed my mind today, maybe it's time I actually start charging people for the work I do. Hm. That's a novel idea.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

bahahahahaaaaa
when are we going to do something meaningful with our lives?

Kate said...

starving artists.
always.