Thursday, May 17, 2007

hope and wait

I am tired of waiting.

Tired of this intense longing that finds me in my weakness and haunts.

They say one day it comes, and yet I see so few who have it.

To be called beloved. Sounds so trivial today. So run over and demolished. So tainted.

Helplessly I watch and wait, stranded in an ocean of uncertainty and loneliness, hoping for the light to find my boat. I cannot do anything, why? To do so would be distrust, or even detriment. I could lose all chance of the light finding me if I paddle on my own. I must be patient. I must wait. I must trust that my Lifegiver has a plan of providence.

A sigh escapes my lips. So many things I wish to change. Will I ever find satisfaction? Am I sinning to say I want change?

Lord, Father of life, nobody knows me like you do. Nobody does or ever will satisfy me like you do. Through my dissatisfaction you remain faithful.


How I can forget so great a love?

1 comment:

Keisha Rae said...

hold out my dear....never forget...and i love you more than anything good you can think of!