Sunday, February 28, 2010


"Oh tell me now, where was my fault...in loving you with my whole heart?"

{Mumford & Sons- White Blank Sheet, Thanks Kate.}

The dates are fun. They really are. I had forgotten how nice it is to be treated like a princess for an evening. It's just that, I don't have a heart anymore.

I have lost truth somewhere in the assortment of mismatched puzzle pieces I hold in my hands. What seemed to be, was not. The fear isn't of loving again, the fear is that such a thing doesn't even exist. It's like the day your parents tell you Santa Claus isn't real. The charade falls away and there you see the ugly truth staring you in the face. Wishing things were what you had believed them to be won't change a thing. Neither will rage.

Was I a fool? No. I was young.

You don't grow up once you reach a certain age, you grow up the day you are no longer innocent. You grow up the day you fall in love.

Is it anyone's fault, besides my own? Of course not. It was just one decision made at a time.

No comments: