Thursday, October 15, 2009

{ beauty }


I am obsessed with beauty. Why is this? Is this a fault, or something God instilled in my heart? Maybe it could be both, or either. Maybe it's from seeing the consequences of the absence of beauty. I fear the absence of beauty. Beauty, or lack there of, can lead me into depression quicker than anything, and in the next moment it can bring me happiness. Instead of letting beauty determine my worth I want it to change from being something that I identify myself with, to something that has to do with God's work in me. I want it to be an aura that hangs around me and that I can share from spending time in the presence of Jesus. Beauty that pours from the cracks in me...His beauty standing starkly amidst my brokenness and filth.

"But thanks be to God, who always leads us in triumphal procession in Christ and through us spreads everywhere the fragrance of the knowledge of him."
{2 Corinthians 2:14}

No comments: