Thursday, January 21, 2010

[ rest ]

Some favorite things that made my [today].


[This has become one of my new favorite things, Burt's Bees Peppermint Soap]


[I have an obsession with my moleskine, I take it everywhere to journal, to pray, to draw, and to write down revelatory quotes.]


[I just began reading Crazy Love by Francis Chan, and so far it's great.]

This lovely blog is a "must read" - simply inspiring. www.honeyandjam.com

After a long week without sleep I needed to take time to rest. I turned off my phone for the night and have had some much needed time to refresh. Thank you all for "following" my blog - it was surprising to see just how many readers I have - challenging, and encouraging as well.

I have decided to try something Francis Chan mentions in his book, and stop praying for a few days. Instead of talking "at" God...I just want to listen. If there is just one verse this week that has brought me immense comfort it would be this plainly stated command - "Be still, and know that I am God." [Psalm 46:10]

Find time to rest.

No comments: