Monday, March 15, 2010

stargirl.


"And I think every once in a while someone comes along who is a little more primitive than the rest of us, a little closer to our beginnings, a little more in touch with the stuff we're made of.

For years the strangers among us had passed sullenly through the hallways; now we looked, we nodded, we smiled. If someone got an A, others celebrated, too. If someone sprained an ankle, others felt the pain. We discovered the color of each other's eyes.

We did not know what to make of her. In our minds we tried to pin her to a corkboard like a butterfly, but the pin merely went through and away she flew.

She was bendable light: she shone around every corner of my day. She taught me to revel. She taught me to wonder. She taught me to laugh...She saw things...What she saw, she felt. Her eyes went straight to her heart."
{Excerpts from Stargirl}

No comments: