Sunday, April 11, 2010

home.

"Let the morning bring me words of your unfailing love..." Psalm 143:8a

I am thankful for mornings. A blank slate, a fresh start. A day to choose gratefulness over self-pity - a day to choose joy over despair. This week I felt the space between my heart and God's being pushed further and further apart. I neatly boxed him up and set him aside, and I knew very well that I was doing so. Frankly I just felt really exhausted from putting in any effort to be in relationship with him. - But you know - I do not need to go find God, because He came and found me. In my apathy, in my anything-but-loving him, he found me. And he just came to be with me. He didn't demand anything of me, he didn't make me feel guilty, he just let me know he was there.

He is my home, and that is how it felt.

"Sometimes when His face is withdrawn from us, it's actually His pursuit." {Lou Engle}

No comments: