Thursday, September 23, 2010

I'll meet you there.


there's a whole lot of world out there to change. 
I find that exciting.
overwhelming.
thrilling.

yesterday I sat overlooking the waterfall in the stream, I was mesmerized by the way the water caught on the rocks and the directions it took. It was so clear, I could look through it...and I thought, "how strange is it that such a thing was created?" This thing that is a normal part of our day, covering many places, and taking many forms. This glassy-sheer liquid that ebbs and flows around us. I found it amazing. 

Too often I am antsy to keep moving in my life. 
I want it to be ever-changing.
entertaining.
full.

But lately I've had a lot of different people speaking into my life the same message -  to stop. to enjoy. and to be content with the little. Today I want to take time to sit, and to be with God. When things are going really great, and life is full of good-but busy things...that's when loving God with all my heart, soul and mind is something I have to push for...it doesn't just happen. And if I let it slip, it slowly ceases to be a relationship...and turns into something that's just tacked onto everything else.

No comments: