Sunday, January 16, 2011

something less, and something more.

I've always been a girl with fairly traditional ideas and thoughts for how I wanted my future to play out. You know, you do the whole "fall in love, get married, have children, live beautifully thing"...but lately...I don't know...I've found things coming out of my mouth that I never expected to hear. Maybe it's been moving to a another country where their ideals are slightly different, or maybe it's just the place I'm at.

I've been watching friends get engaged, married, and watching people as they parent. It's all nice...and they seem genuinely happy...but I can't help feeling like I want more out of life than that. Is that terrible? Maybe I'm being incredibly selfish at this point in my life, but there is a whole lot of world out there I want to explore, things I want to do, adventures and risks I want to take...I love the endless possibilities. It seems like a fairly straightforward assumption to say that the way to achieve different "results" in life is to take a different path...and that is exactly what I am aiming to do.

Normal has never held my attention for long. Anyone could tell you that.

No comments: