Monday, January 5, 2009

reminder

Break has been nice, but I am ready for school again. Ready for the busyness, the people...and my own room.


Why does it seem like things happen only to fall to pieces in my hands? What decisions and choices do I need to make to see changes? Sigh. A sigh seems to be the only thing I can emit, I mean what more is there to say really? I feel like the battles I fight today are the battles I've been fighting since I was fourteen.

My mother said a profound thing the other day. She said that it's so important to remember that the core of Christianity is the relationship. And if we remember that then when things in our life don't seem to be going well instead of feeling like our world is tipsy we won't care because our relationship with Jesus is anchored. Basically, we don't need to feel like God is inconsistent and that our circumstances depend on if we're good or bad and His pleasure or displeasure with us.


I need to keep reminding myself of that truth. And pray that the huge fears I hold inside will one by one be broken down.

No comments: