Thursday, July 15, 2010

[aroha]

my heart is shattered for these kids.
love.
respect.
gentleness.
affirmation.
promises kept.
they deserve attention. they deserve to be cried over. they deserve - for the one week we have to give them, to be loved to pieces for the shitty (pardon the language) lives they have had to live in. grow in. survive in.

this week confirmed, yet again, that this is truly what I want to spend the rest of my life doing. putting every scrap of my energy into giving something - anything - to these incredible, talented, intelligent kids that someone else threw out. for all the times they have heard that they are worth nothing and will never be worth anything - I want them to believe they are worth everything.

I don't really care about petty wishes and desires for my future anymore. quite honestly, if I'm one day closer to dying, I'd rather not waste that time on myself. what a sickening thought.

No comments: