Monday, May 17, 2010
wings pinned to cork
house without floors
holes in the chinking
of a living thing
1. I met the staff today, they are so kind.
2. I went for a run in the rain, it was exhilarating.
3. I can't stop listening to "The Decemberists".
4. It costs $25 to go to a movie here. Life is expensive.
5. "An enormous space had been opened that could not be filled by the one who had opened it." Henri Nouwen writes in a sentence what I waste pages on.
6. I tried candy today called "wine gums", I quite enjoyed them...and maybe they were supper...oops. I miss you Mum.
7. I put together a bookshelf backwards today. Then took it apart to put it together again. Sometimes the idea of having a husband isn't such a bad thought.
8. We watched "Blindside" and Sandra Bullock's character has become my new aspiration. I cried. I've really got to stop doing that.
9. I don't have hot water yet. Washing my hair in the kitchen sink with boiled water though, was a surprisingly soothing experience.
10. More facts I've learned from Beth. "Insecurity is most often covered up by perfection." and, "Insecurity lives in constant terror of loss." Could I just snip those ones from the book and paste them on my wall? Or maybe my forehead?
11. "And it was not your fault, but mine." -Mumford & Sons
Posted by GLB